Visiting Scholars connect the Center to business practitioners and academic experts and serve as a resource for students.
Each year, we invite a small number of scholars and practitioners to join the Center. Since 2013, we have hosted the following Visiting and Research Scholars:
- Justine Nolan, University of New South Wales. Justine has co-authored several academic papers on business and human rights and is co-editing the forthcoming textbook, Business and Human Rights: From Principles to Practice. She is conducting research on rights issues related to migrant labor. (Fall 2013 - present)
- Vijay Padmanabhan, Vanderbilt Law School. Vijay traveled to Bangladesh with the Center in December 2014. He has written about the role of philanthropy in upgrading the garment sector there and is currently working on several papers about enhancing protections for workers in manufacturing industries. (Fall 2014 - Spring 2015)
- Michael Samway, Georgetown School of Foreign Service and former Deputy General Counsel, Yahoo!. Michael helped shape our approach on privacy and free expression in the information and communication technology sector. (Spring - Fall 2014)
- Joris van Hoboken, Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the Information Law Institute (ILI) at New York University. Joris is leading a group of undergraduate students in mapping the linkages between the consumer, companies supplying or publishing ads, and the data collectors, brokers, and analytics firms in the information and communication technology sector. (Fall 2015 - Spring 2016)
- Zoe Rubin, Yale College. Zoe serves as a Gordon Grand Fellow with the Center, where she provides editorial assistance and studies international labor migration and internet governance. She previously conducted research on foreign domestic workers’ vulnerability to exploitation and abuse in Hong Kong. She holds a B.A. in History from Yale College. (Spring - Summer 2017)
- Madeline Winterbottom, Australian National University. Madeline completed her law honors thesis focused on business and human rights in that fashion industry at the Australian National University. (Summer - Fall 2017)
We extend Visiting Scholar opportunities by invitation. For general inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.